Fueled by Purpose™ Micro Grant Official Rules – 2020
Terms and Conditions
- General. The Fueled by Purpose Micro Grant Contest (the “Grant Contest”) is sponsored by Chris Olsen Communications, LLC and My Founder Story (“Sponsor”). By entering this Grant Contest, you agree to be bound by these Official Rules and Sponsor’s determinations regarding the Grant Contest, which are final and binding. The Grant Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and are void where prohibited. There is no purchase necessary or other cost to enter or win the Grant Contest.
- Eligibility. To be eligible to enter a business in the Grant Contest, you (“Officer”) must be all of the following as of the first day of the Grant Contest Period (defined below): (a) a legal resident of the United States (including the District of Columbia but excluding U.S. territories), (b) 18 years of age or older, and (c) a woman business owner (founder, president, CEO, etc.) who is authorized to legally bind the business with respect to the Grant Contest.
To be eligible to participate in the Grant Contest, the business (“Entrant”) must meet all of the following criteria as of the first day of the Grant Contest Period: each Entrant (a) is majority (51%-100%) women-owned, (b) business entity legally permissible in the United States, (c) at least one year old, (d) generates less than $100,000 in annual revenue, and (e) must not be engaged in illegal, potentially illegal, or illegitimate activities as adjudged in Sponsor’s determination.
The potential winners are subject to verification of eligibility by Sponsor, which may include a background check and completing associated documentation.
- Grant Contest Period. The Grant Contest starts on Saturday, August 1, 2020, at 12:00 AM Central Time and ends on Thursday, December 31, 2020, at 12:00 AM Central Time (the “Fueled by Purpose Micro Grant Contest Period”).
Sponsor’s computer is the official timekeeper for all matters related to the Grant Contest.
Sponsor reserves the right to shorten or lengthen the Grant Contest Period based on need and availability of funding.
- How to Enter. To enter the Grant Contest, the Officer must clearly and concisely complete the online application, which consists of a series of questions about the Entrant and the Officer, by taking these steps: during the Grant Contest Period, (1) go to myfounderstory.com/grants; (2) complete the application and submit on myfounderstory.com/grants (“Entry”).
Limit: One entry per Grant Contest Period per Entrant and per Officer. Multiple entries received for any Entrant or Officer in the Grant Contest Period received from that Entrant or Officer are void.
- Entry Qualifications. Sponsor may disqualify any Entry that, as adjudged in Sponsor’s determination: is incomplete; contains any material that is indecent, obscene, hateful, discriminatory, defamatory, slanderous, libelous, unlawful, or otherwise inappropriate; is submitted in bad faith, is inappropriate, or otherwise violates these Official Rules; is submitted by an Entrant or Officer who is ineligible or noncompliant with these Official Rules; is submitted by any person who tampers with or abuses any aspect of the Grant Contests or the My Founder Story website, who acts in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, who violates these Official Rules, or about whom a background check provides unsatisfactory results.
If there is a dispute about who submitted an Entry, the authorized account holder of the email address used to register will be deemed to be the Officer and the business identified in the Entry will be deemed the Entrant for the Grant Contest. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address. The Officer may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder.
- Other Entry Terms. After an Entry has been submitted, it cannot be modified in any way and Sponsor is not responsible for any delayed Entry, incomplete Entry, or Entry not received, recognized, or accepted for any reason.
Entrant retains all rights in and to its product or service, including all intellectual property rights, but no Entry may disclose any information confidential to or any trade secret of the Entrant or any third party. Sponsor will treat all information disclosed by Entrant as non-confidential.
By submitting an Entry to the Grant Contest, each Entrant hereby grants Sponsor on behalf of Entrant and Officer a royalty-free, irrevocable, perpetual, global, nonexclusive license to use, reproduce, modify, publish, create derivative works from, and display the information in the Entry, in whole or in part, and to incorporate it into other works, in any form, media, or technology, now known or later developed, for any purpose including for promotional and marketing purposes, including on www.myfounderstory.com or other My Founder Story-branded websites or social platforms.
The Released Parties do not guarantee that any Entry will be used as described in the preceding license.
The Released Parties are not responsible for any unauthorized use by third parties of any Entry.
- Selection of Winners and Grant Receipt. During the Grant Contest period, one or more Entries will be selected by Sponsor via random drawing from all qualified Entries. Winners will be contacted by email and published on My Founder Story’s website and social media.
Grant winners are responsible for all taxes and fees associated with grant receipt and/or use.
Fueled by Purpose Micro Grant Contest winners forfeit eligibility to win all future grants from My Founder Story.